Sand Safari in Surfers Paradise
2017 dates and event details to be confirmed.
Enter the enchanted wonderland of Sand Safari presented by Streets Ice Cream as Surfers Paradise over three weeks transforms into a precinct of art inspired by sand and sea.
The 2016 Sand Safari featured DreamWorks heroes from Kung Fu Panda, Madagascar, Shrek and more, carved in large sand sculptures at the Australian Sand Sculpting Championships along the foreshore and 22 mini sculptures in the Sand Trail from Tweed Heads to Loganholme, plus some exciting brand new elements including Sand and Sea themed sculptures, art murals and photography exhibitions.
Sand Safari included:
- Sand Trail (5 to 28 February)
- Sand & Sea Sculptures (5 to 28 February)
- Pop-up Photographic Galleries & Photography Competition (5 to 28 February)
- Mural Art (5 to 7 February)
- 2016 Australian Sand Sculpting Championships (12 to 14 February)
- Sand Art Activities and Workshops (12 to 28 February)
- DreamWorks Heroes Exhibition (17 to 28 February)
Sand Safari, a fantastic outing with fun and art for all ages!
Surfers Paradise, QLD 4217
Cost & tickets